Please join us on November 1, for an afternoon with ethics & compliance executives from leading companies, assembled to share in an interactive dialogue on cutting-edge data, case studies, and new approaches to company culture to better inform the c-suite and harness effective programs to support corporate integrity.
Intended for GCs, assistant GCs, CCOs, and business side leaders, the conversations will address a number of key challenges, including:
- Budget trends, ROI, and raising the compliance profile
- Risk assessments that drive compliance priorities
- Company integrity and the measuring the ethical culture
- Data harvesting necessary for effective dialogue with the c-suite and board committees
- Internal collaboration to better support both compliance goals and business strategy
Thought-Leaders, Moderators, Speakers
Patrick Quinlan is Chief Executive Officer at Convercent. An entrepreneur at heart, Mr. Quinlan has a passion and skill for building companies from the ground up. Prior to leading Convercent’s executive team, he served as Chief Executive Officer of Rivet Software.
VP, Ethics & Compliance
Jeffrey Eglash is the Chief Compliance Officer at Nokia with responsibility for compliance program and investigations.
EVP, Chief Compliance Officer
Katie Smith serves as EVP and Chief Compliance Officer for Convercent. Bringing nearly 20 years’ experience from the high tech, energy, insurance and financial services industries, Katie has implemented ethics and compliance programs for multinational companies. Her professional passion flourishes in building compliance programs from the ground up and raising awareness throughout the company on the importance of proactive compliance and ethics management.
Joseph M. Azam
Senior Vice President, Legal & Group Chief Compliance Officer
Joseph oversees internal investigations, business conduct and global compliance for News Corp HQ and a portfolio of technology, publishing, and media companies including Dow Jones, HarperCollins Publishing, News America Marketing, the New York Post and Move Inc. in the areas of Anti-Corruption, Sanctions, Export Controls, and Antitrust.
Morrison & Foerster LLP
Ruti Smithline is a partner in the Securities Litigation, Enforcement, and White-Collar Criminal Defense Group. Her practice focuses on complex litigation, with an emphasis on white-collar criminal defense, SEC enforcement, securities litigation, and corporate internal investigations.
- 4:00pm Check-In & Networking
- 4:30pm Moderated Keynote Panel: Compliance Vigilance While Facing Continuous Business Pressure
- 5:00pm Leadership Talk: Effectively Addressing Internal Investigations
- 5:10pm Leadership Talk: Assessing Compliance Risk in for Global M&A Deals
- 5:20pm Leadership Talk: Compliance Enforcement: Emerging Questions on the DOJ’s FCPA Pilot Program
- 5:30pm Think Tanks - Interactive Small Group Discussions
- 6:30pm Key Takeaways and Closing Remarks
- 6:45pm Cocktail Reception & Heavy Hors d'oeuvres